Below is a list of all online and external courses. Take note of the booking process in the course description notes. Some courses require registration and payment on the Brazen Growth site, some will link you to an external site to register.
Face to Face Courses and events:
This is a private 7 hour face-to-face course for staff at Virgin Active Frenchs Forest. It equips adults to identify when someone may be developing or be at risk of
This is a private 7 hour face-to-face course for staff at Virgin Active Frenchs Forest. It equips adults to identify when someone may be developing or be at risk of an eating disorder.
September 6, 2019 from 11am till 6pm
Workshop: Supporting Clients at Risk of Eating Disorders in the Fitness Industry
CEC Approved by Fitness Australia for 7CEC’s and supported by the Inside Out Institute for Eating Disorders
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The characteristic features of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and muscle dysmorphia.
- The development of an eating disorder
- Eating disorders as a serious mental health concern
- Eating disorders as more than merely a ‘body image’ issue
- The prevalence of eating disorders
- The need for early intervention
- How to determine the need for intervention and referral process to a health professional (if not already in their care)
- Developing pre-screening questions to include in initial screening
- Developing secondary screening to determine disordered eating/eating disorders and excessive exercise.
- Work alongside allied health professionals to serve the health of clients.
- Healthy V Unhealthy diet and exercise behaviours
- The media and its influence on already distorted thought processes
- Modifying language and communication to meet the health needs of clients.
- The need for a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment of eating disorders
- Messages often communicated in the fitness Industry
- The health medical/health complications of unhealthy diet, exercise and compensatory behaviours.
- Work alongside other health professionals to meet the health needs of the client
- Appropriate procedures to meet the health needs of clients with mental health concerns, in particular eating disorders, as outlined in the CEDD guidelines for the fitness industry.
- Determine appropriate programming, monitoring and progress measures for people who may be suffering and/or recovering from an eating disorder
- Identifying Contraindications for exercise
- Modifying language to meet the health needs of their client
- Organisations to go to for further information and resources.
(Friday) 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Virgin Active Frenchs Forest
16 Rodborough Rd
Ticket Section Title
Thank you so much for sponsoring Behind the Smile 2019, to raise funds for Australians for Mental Health and to break stigma of mental illness and suicide by the sharing
Thank you so much for sponsoring Behind the Smile 2019, to raise funds for Australians for Mental Health and to break stigma of mental illness and suicide by the sharing of stories. The event will be held on September 28th at Dee Why RSL club from 6:30pm till midnight.
Your company will receive:
Business Logo and name on display throughout the evening
MC acknowledgement of all business sponsors
1 table of 10 people per $2000 sponsorship
Thank you again!
(Saturday) 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Dee Why RSL Club
932 Pittwater Road